RE: Off topic year question

On my '64 Belvedere I'm also running 275x60x15 tires on 8" rims - but mine are 4.5" back space.  With my stock springs, shocks, and tapered axle rear, I had maybe 1/2" of outer clearance to the 1/4 panel lip.  With a rear seat passenger, I'd get a little rubbing on a big bump - but it was rubbing on the inner wheel well at the top of the tire.  The old shocks may have been as big a reason for that as anything else.  Now with my SS springs, drag shocks, and '68 rearend, I have no clearance or rubbing issues.  I picked up a good 1/4-1/2" of outer clearance on each side with that rearend.

Dave