Re: 426 SW

The engine had not been apart till I got it. I knew both of the former owners and the history of the engine. It's on an engine stand with the heads off and it has flat top std bore pistons. The heads were not mw. Maybe something Chrysler did on the assy line? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave64" <lt7dave@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: 426 SW

Ron - I would say you have a mw block there. I think the valve reliefs are the only difference between the mw and sw blocks. Of course, the assembled mw engines had higher compression pistons, etc... But the blocks are probably the same other than the reliefs. Could be possible that someone put them in there after the fact?

Dave