Re: 65 273 Engine Rebuild and Install Status

All early 273's had solid lifters and steel crank. The 273 High Performance had 10.5:1 pistons.425 lift cam, and heavy duty valve springs, Dual Point distributor was optioned on this engine. The 65 4bbl intake is a single year intake as they changed from 5/16 bolts to 3/8 bolts in '66. This engine was dressed at the dealer with the stainless air cleaner and the commando valve covers. The 833 trans had lower first gear as it was an a-body specific set of gears that year.

On 02/14/2011 10:31 PM, MO ( Steve Mick) wrote:

Good work Tom. The 273 engine is a bit of a mystery to me-don't know much about it. Is it true that they are solid lifters from the factory?..................MO
{Steve Mick}
http://stevemick1964dodge.shutterfly.com/pictures/5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Watters" <tomwatters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 7:27 PM
Subject: 65 273 Engine Rebuild and Install Status

Well, Its been a busy couple weeks but I've finally got the engine in. Murphy is still fighting me. The new flex fan ate the radiator, So breakin run lasted 15 seconds until I get the radiator re-cored.

I've got a fair amount of Pics in the attached link. The 273 rebuild started last march. The engine Bay redo started Jan 29th.

 http://members.cox.net/metalchewy/Dart-02-14-2011/index.htmg

Thoughts??

----