From: Roger Pettigrew [mailto:dodger7998@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:12 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Contaminated Fuel Issue?

I have had over a dozen tanks out and never found any anti splash  device
in them that being said will continue,,,yes remove the carb completely  and
at least blow out all of the orifices, and as far as the hose fitting,
unless it is a terrible fit, am sure that a hose clamp will take care of
things,,,,,,,, kind of doubt that your dual point is defective,  you had
stated
that after you got the old gas cleaned out of the secondaries of the carb
that it worked, sounds like more of an issue with contamination from the
tank
being low on fuel, you might want to consider also installing another inline

 filter at the tank while your replacing the existing  hose
jm2cw

Questions:

1. My parts store guy  told me that if this doesn't cure the problem, I
should take the carb apart,  empty the floats ( float bowls maybe), clean
the
carb thoroughly, try it again.  Does this mean just taking the top off the
carb while it's still mounted to the  manifold or should I take it
completely
off? Thoughts? Advice? The last time I  did something like this was about 45

years ago.

2. I noticed  that the metal tube coming off the gas tank to the rubber
fuel line is 5/16" OD  while the metal fuel line OD is 3/8". I had some new
3/8" rubber fuel line to  replace the old (probably original) rubber line
that
joins the gas tank to the  solid fuel line, but didn't use it because it
just felt too loose. The solid  5/16" line coming off the fuel tank does
have a
double flare on the end, so  maybe I'm just being paranoid, that a 3/8"
rubber hose rated for gas is just  fine? Appreciate any comments.

So, my plan to so eliminate fuel  as an issue, going the route I described.
If that doesn't work, I'll reinstall  the single point distributor and see
if that fixes things. If that doesn't  work, well I'm not going there just
yet.

Thanks all. Appreciate  the forum and the sound advice we can get here.
/Butch/ Ferndale,  WA
[Non-text portions of this message have been  removed]

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to  only one person --
directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car  transactions and
negotiations as
well as other personal messages only to the  intended recipient, not to the
Clubhouse public address. This practice will  protect your privacy, reduce
the total volume of mail and fine tune the content  signal to Mopar topic.
Thanks!

1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse  Discussion Guidelines:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.