RE: '62 rear drums

Here is the procedure I use with the correct puller.  Take the axle nut
off and put it back on backwards, turning it so it is flush with the end
of the axle.  Attach the puller and tighten it down tight using a fist
maul.  Then rap the end of center screw with the maul.  Having the nut
on backwards ensures that the end of the axle won't mushroom out from
all of the pressure.  Doing this two or three times (sometimes just
once) will usually get it to pop loose. and when it comes loose it will
pop.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727