Re: Frame connectors

Paul,Steve & Jim

I tried today to get shots from underneath but the photos did not turn out
clear at all, so as soon as I can get my car up in the air I will try again
and get them out to you all.  The car just sits to low to get a good clear
shot.  I am looking at early next week.  Steve & Jim you will be very happy
with them.  Now they entail cutting and welding of the floor but if you want
to do it right this is the only way to go.  You can get some that bolt in
and follow the contour of the floor but you are wasting your money if your
installing them to use as intended.  Now if your going to use them for looks
and no stiffening you can get by using the bolt in set.  Just look at it
this way, the thinnest point is the weakest point and the bolt in set is
very thin in a couple of locations and will just crack and come apart in
time from flexing.  Then you will remove the busted up bolt in set and have
to redo everything using Paul's set in the end.  Use the money your going to
spend on the bolt in set to pay someone to weld Paul's connectors in for you
if your unable to weld them yourself.  It will money well spent and you will
never have to worry about them.  Now if your going to carpet the interior
you can steam it in around the connectors in the back seat floor or
fabricate some plywood to fill in the low spots on both sides of the
connectors only loosing an inch at the most.  Covered up in the back seat no
one will be able to tell the difference in depth unless they are very
observant.

 Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361 4-Sale
1959 Coronet 326 Poly