Re: Speedo Cable Leak (Housing)

 Yup!
That's a very small O-ring type seal.

On 3/31/2011 1:03 PM, Tom Watters wrote:
After I got the cable out, I found there is an inner pinion seal that is supposed to keep oil from even getting into the housing. Now to pull the seal it and see if I can find a replacement.

Also found a '64 valiant that I pulled the speedo cable from. Was hoping it would have a Blue or Purple gear for the gearing change I am doing, but it was the orange one, just like I have. Need the 19 tooth one with the gear change. (Lowering from 2.93's to 3.23's). Will trade someone for an orange one for a blue one, if willing.

--Tom