Tie Rod Separation Tools?

How do you guys separate the various tie rods and such connected to the steering
link?  I have a fork - that tears the heck out of the boot plus I hate
beating like hell on it.  Then there's the U type joint separator with the screw
in bolt - seems to twist off the cross link more times than not.  Lastly, I have
a Cromwell tie rod separator - the problem I have with it is that the screw head
is up towards the engine and it's really hard to get a wrench on it.  This is
all relative to my '65 Belvedere.

So, what cha got the works for you?

Akron Don Gallimore