Re: Alignment

I don't have a service manual handy, but others do, so am sure you will get that info. You might find this interesting. I have a P/S unit in for rebuild at Firm Feel. They tell me that even with their specially built gear box, we need to have up to 4 1/2 degrees positive caster. I'll try it out when I get the box back and see what it's like. I had one of these cars new in 1964 and they did NOT go ice skating down the highway. Firm Feel also said I may not be able to get that much positive caster out of my original upper control arms, but can if I use their tubular upper control arms. /Butch/Ferndale, WA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay" <shelby_nut@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:14:03 PM
Subject: Alignment

So I just had the p/s gear rebuilt in Big Red, got it all back together on the weekend, much much better (no more 60 degrees of play in the steering), but it's still quite drifty on the road. Everything seems to be tight up front, just think it need an alignment.

Anyone know what the preferred alignment spec's are? Not sure if the local alignment shop will have the spec's readily available when I take it in.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Jay
64 Windsor (Newport) Convertible

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy

?p=TEXFOOTER