Re: wiring diagram pictures, trying again

Re: wiring diagram pictures, trying again

Neal,

It sounds like you are planning on making your own wiring harness.
Personally I have had problems with the wiring on my 63 and 64 mopar.
Ma Mopar did not put in enough fuses or fusable links to protect the
wiring system in the event of a short.

I don't know anything about the Barracuda but I suspect it is very
simlar to a "B" body.

If you don't have a good complete wiring diagram check this site.
Looking at later years may also give you ideas how you may want to
build your harness and where you will want fuses:

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=24

http://www.allpar.com/fix/alternator.html

This is a very good site:

http://www.madelectrical.com/electrical-tech.shtml

There are so many improvements you can make when making your harness
like provision for accessories.  One really good improvement is adding
relays for headlights and if you are using a newer carb a wire (fused)
for the electric choke. Just my preference but I don't really like
fusable links.  When possible I like a fuse, much easier to replace
and will not damage anything near.  A fusable link can burn and do
damage to paint or other wiring if on a dead short.

>From the looks of your diagram you have a good handle on wiring and
will do well.

We are currently on an RV trip so I don't have any resources with me
but if I find anything else I'll forward it to you.

Good luck with your project.  Good to see you are back online, always
good to read about your current project.

Dennis C.