Re: funny Dad memory

Nice stories, guys.  My dad wasn't mechanical at all, but he did let me cut my wrenching teeth on his cars - mostly the '73 Ford Ranch Wagon with a 400 under the hood.  When I was a senior in high school, he lent me $1,000. that I could use to buy my first car or a killer home stereo.  I spent the money on my first car - a '70 GTX  440+6, 4-speed.  That car changed my life, and I've been all Mopar ever since.  I ended up working as a mechanic right out of high school for awhile, went to tech school for it for a bit, then gave it up as a vocation and went off to college and got a BA.  My dad only made it to age 67.  Next month it'll be 17 years that he's been gone.  It's nice to think about all of that again with Father's Day coming up before too long.

Dave