compressor question

Due to the crappy economy here, my operations have now been moved into
a 100 year old dairy barn that I rent a  corner of. Its quite a kick
in the teeth, compared to the giant shop I had about 4 years ago, but
there's no more work for me and my painting business has folded.
  Anyway, I got my 220v air compressor moved in last week, and
installed the old air line system, going way up into the rafters (
hello nasty ugly little bats, keep eating them mosquitoes for me ),
and dropping down again to my moisture seperator. I figure it should
work pretty well, and the whole system  is installed on a slight cant,
so no line is horizontal to promote draining.
 BUT, the compressor seems to not be building to its old pressure. It
used to go to 150, now its topping out at about 95. My guess is that
the switch has gone bad and some sort of cycling or non-cycling or
something is letting pressure bleed off at 95. It can run and run and
never reach 150. Originally I thought maybe one of my pipe joints were
loose but I checked and every joint is tight and passes the soap
bubble test. So I assume its in the compressor.  Could the problem
have anything to do with all the line I added, which sort of expands
the tanks size by 5-10 galllons?? Or does it sound like the cycling
switch? If it is the switch , can I monkey around with adjusting it to
see if that helps?? There seems to be an adjustment screw on it.
Hopefully if it is the switch I can find a replacement somewhere. The
compressors a sears craftsman.
   neal zimmerman, eugene oregon