Re: POR 15 horror

If you guys will check the ingredients you will find that most of the quality ones on the market have pretty much the same formula with just a few variations. POR 15 was the first product to commercialy market it's product. These products are epoxies and the epoxy paint was developed for use in coating beams and columns that are exposed to the outside atmosphere to inhibit rust over 40 years ago and was not available to the public. As the story goes; an enterprising painter took some from a construction job and used it to coat the frame on his hotrod. The word of mouth got out about how effective it was and some enterprising executive gave a presentation showing the vast potential for enlarging the profit margin and the rest is history.
I was working on a nuclear power house in the mid 80's at San Onofre, Ca. and experienced the epoxy paints being used and believe me grinding this stuff off to weld on was a bitch. I remember we had to wear charcoal respirators when we ground the stuff off and the smell when welding was awful.
So read the ingredient label and compare because there is some real junk out there.
Later
Bill Harrison
65 Coronet 2 dr post