Re: Disc brakes and front brakes on the rear?... a couple questions (rep

Re: Disc brakes and front brakes on the rear?... a couple questions (repost)

None I know of. Hum, if you can't afford a disc swap now then consider a redo of the drum brakes on your car. If you want a dual master cylinder you can swap that in at the same time. Put on new brake lines then too. Will be much less than $600.

The New Yorker used a 11x3 shoe and Newport used a 11x2 1/2 shoe is perhaps what you read?

FWIW, Centric uses the same brake part number for a 1964 New Yorker wagon and a Salon front and back, probably 11x3. They use a different part number for the front and back of other 1964 New Yorkers, 11x3 front and 11x 2 1/2 rear: $26.79 front $21.79 rear in this case.

Thanks,
Gary H.