Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 7:41 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Steering Wheel Puller

Mopar Fans,

Great info on the visors. I assumed the rod went the full length of
the visor. Not So.

Moving on to the steering wheel and turn signal switch. I have
everything out to the point of pulling the wheel off. I found the
section in the 1965 Service Manual, Page 8-63 - 8-64.
They say to loosen the nut a couple of turns and put on the puller. I
was going to use one my three prong pullers that I use on other items.
It does not seem to fit well enough.
Do you need a special puller? Also the instructions state once the
puller is on to then remove the nut and finish pulling the wheel off.
Why can't you remove the nut and then put on the puller or does the
puller use the nut to provide the pulling force?

Where can you get a puller for a 1965 Steering Wheel?

I would appreciate any advise and all advice is good in my book.

Jim

1965 Coronet 500 440 CI