Re: I should use velcro head bolts :-)

Well a guy approached me at cruise night crying about how his "help' was messing up his '66 Ply 2dr hdtp. I know this is one year off but this is drive train related so I gotta think it's pertinant. Anyway it was a 383/auto car with no intake on it. So his son got a parts car w/o a motor, stuck the 383 in it and had it crushed after taking off a door and fender. Then he bought a 413 MH engine off Craig's list and a set of brand new Hedman Hedders. They tried to jam the thing into the '66 and beat the headers into oblivion trying to get them to work. Since they couldn't get it installed they bought a 318LA w/ trans that was supposed to be from a '72 Duster. The oil pan was wrong, like a truck, so they disconnected the tie rod to get it in place. Of course the motor mounts didn't work either. They then started a disc brake install from the parts car and put one on the passenger side. The driver side was still a drum. There is no fuel line at all, anywhere! The floors have a piece of metal hovering above the rotted out holes and screwed down with some sheet metal screws. The battery was in the trunk on a welded in after market battery tray with the neg cable tec screwed to the sheetmetal floor. The pos cable was a conglomeration of cables bolted together with some tape over the joints.

It's a challenge for sure but Dodger is a whiz at this stuff and it'll be running 9 sec flat in the quarter by Tues. ????????????????????

======================================================================================================================================
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:30 AM, MO <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
66 Plymouth project????? with you two, I know that has got to be
interesting. Fill us in!........................MO

On Sep 8, 8:40 am, Dodger7...@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Don't let Rich fool you,,,,,,, he uses his compressor all the
> time,,,,,blows the dust off of his clothes with it,,,,,
>
> In a message dated 9/8/2011 8:31:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
>
> leroar.kinsley...@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Yeah,  ask Dodger

Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!