Re: zddp

Thanks, you just made up my mind! I knew an old mechanic down here franky wix. He built some of the most amazing machines...and he always put 20-50 in EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. except brand new cars of course.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2011, at 5:18 AM, Loring Days <mrcarhopp2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey there Jacob,
Starting in about motor oil will bring all kinds of opinions from everywhere and everybody. Realisticly it's a matter of personal opinion. My opinion is this. An older motor should stay with conventional oil over synthetic. Synthitic is generaly thinner and will seep through worn seals and create leaks. Unless your motor is completely rebuilt. Again just my opinion is to stay away from Quaker State or Pennsoil as they are perifin based rather than petrolium based. Might as well melt candles and dump the wax in your pan. My personal preffered brand is Valvoline and in the south as we both are I use 20-50. In colder weather 20-50 tends to be too thick on start-up to provide protection during the critical time oil pressure is building. When I can afford it or its on sale I use the racing Valvoline as the anti-foaming additives keeps it very stable. Like I said its my opinion. I have 20 years in auto parts and hear every opinion. Judge for your self and weigh out options. Don't kill your self trying to figure it out. Castoroil is good oil too. Even Havolive, Mobil and Shell also make very good oil. Hope this helps.

Loring Days
Mrcarhopp2001@xxxxxxxxx

Carhopp.net
Carhopp.info

Catering to Enthusiasts of Fine Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles
As well as any other Special Interest Transportation World-Wide

From: jacob fox <imfast101@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:14 PM
Subject: zddp

I got bored at work and started going through old emails and saw the zddp posts. It got me wondering cause i still havent put any in that old motor....

I was doing some research and came across the castrol SYNTEC 20-50 oil. Says its formulated for classic cars, with higher levels of zddp and phosphorus. http://www.castrol.com/castrol/genericarticle.do?categoryId=82915470&contentId=7032644

Being that its synthetic, and my motor has been running 10-30 and 30w conventional all its life...using that now cant be good huh?

Im still hung up whether to start using 20-50 over my 30w. i can never make up my mind! i want my motor to last!

(i either need more hobbies or something to do cause for 12 hours a day that i work i sit on the computer and look up stuff for this car lol sad :P)

--
Jacob Fox
'64 Dodge Custom 880