Re: Stalling

This happened to me after a carb rebuild. It turned out to be a hair line crack of the carb. If i had some gum I could have gotten the car back home.

Jim

Coronet 500 440 CI

On Sep 16, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Jacob Fox wrote:

Thanks ima try that, never checked. The carb "on the outside" looks great, very clean as does when you look inside now I know you can't judge a book by it's cover, how would I check accel pumps and have it back together for the trip? Never took a carb apart...hopefully it's just the fuel filter...haven't tried it yet I'm waiting to get home to do so. Or hopefully the carb is loose...that'd be awesome lol

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Cory Rempel <cory_383@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is your carb tightened down properly?  Happened to me a few years back exactly as you stated.  Even after doing plugs, wires and all that other shit it still stalled, coughed and farted about half the time.  Figuring the carb was pooched, went to take it off, and wow.  Two of the carb bolts came off with no wrench.  Tightened the carb down and problems were all gone.  Hope this helped.

Cory  65 Polara  440/727