Having spent a lot time around Jason and his gang of renown, I would not put anything past these guys. You may not agree with their choices at times but they are thinkers in the first degree and Marty's vast machining skills usually saves the day.

They have had some fast sleepers.
Joey

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:06 AM, D J <djohn14296@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
now that is what I call shade tree mechanics, making do with what you have and adjusting to the problem as you progress. Good job. How does it run?

DJ
From: Jason Rhoades <Jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 4:49 PM
Subject: RE: Can anyone tell me by casting number?
Haven’t taken any but if you would like have a conversation w/ gary p.  I had a 273 block and my poly block side by side only difference was a couple of water holes in the deck which could be drilled w a ¼” drill bit . obviously the cam is different but only because it is I,e,I,e,I,e…. instead of I,I,e,e,I,I,e,e…  but I tried a la cam and it worked just fine if you wanted to turn a poly into a la. Don’t know why you would.  I was looking at building a360 w poly heads. Just cause I had a 360 laying around and like the poly head design.no major machine work required. Granted you cant change just one component but if you change everything touching the heads (intake exhaust ,cam) it can be done. May not be practical for most, just us who like the odd things. Why people call the poly a wide block ill never understand. The heads are a little wider. But it fits quite well in a 67 valiant. I will have to build my own headers, but , that will be a nice winter project. Here try these