Re: Leaf spring rearch questions

Thanks for the good info Jim. Unfortunately the 1963 Dodge was already up on jack stands so I did not measure
before I took the leaf springs off. I did take a couple pictures so I could remember where those tabs on the shackles pointed.

It's clear to me that these are the original springs and they were pretty level with the car weight on them. So, if I get the springs re-arched back to stock specifications it will certainly raise the car.

Jim, did the shop add a leaf to make the car rise? That raises the car but makes the ride rougher, doesn't it?

I'm also looking into ESPO Springs & Things for new ones as another option.

Thanks,
Gary H.