Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: Does a centerlink/draglink go bad?

Ugh..... yes......

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 8:33 PM, Eric R <hoodoovoodooray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do the torsion bars have to be pulled to put in the lower control arm
bushings? Thanks.

On Oct 12, 11:09 pm, Eric Sturgis <ericstur...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is a Bushing for the Idler arm, rockauto.com has it for $14.56 part
> number 5751005.  If your front end is loose it's also probably the upper and
> lower control arm bushings and the upper and lower ball joints.  I bought a
> kit on ebay for $239.99 from Old Parts Source.  It comes with....
>
> 2 Upper Ball Joints
>
> 2 Lower Ball Joints
>
> 4 Upper Control Arm Bushings
>
> 2 Lower Control Arm Bushings
>
> 2 Strut Rod Bushings
>
> 2 Outer Tie Rod Ends
>
> They also have the Center Link for $169.99 if you want to replace it just so
> have it done too, but if your's isn't damaged, why bother.  They have also
> come down on the shipping costs, they used to be about $60 and they are
> $23.  If you replace all the parts that come in his kit I think you will
> find your car will steer like new again....and the idler arm bushing.
>
> I get to put my kit in in the next few weeks, I'm so happy my car is in the
> shop for paint and body.  I start stripping it in the next few days, then
> pull the motor and tranny, then rebuild the front end.  I feel like a little
> kid.
>
> --
> Eric
> Tacoma, WA
> 1962 Chrysler Newport 2 door HT

Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!