Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: Off Topic Car Show

Nice show Ollie. Did '41 bite ya this time :-) It appears you have it tamed,

==================================================================================================================================
On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Ollie <satellite1965@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is my article for Gulf Coast MotorSports

Hope that everyone got out and enjoyed their vehicles these past few weekends as there have been a lot of events going on and the weather beautiful.

After getting the new overdrive transmission in our street rod me and Teresa decided to stretch out on the road a bit and headed off to Mobile to Battleship Park to attend the Fallen Hero’s Cruise-In.

Upon arriving we saw Larry Jordan and chatted a bit about this year’s  Mopar’s at the Battleship car show April 28. Plans are well underway and it promises to be another great annual event. A must attend for us Mopar guys.

Gear Jammers Car Club of Baldwin County President Gary Peterson got things moving with the opening ceremonies. The singing of the National Anthem was fantastic. It was great to learn that there efforts have not gone in vain. They have collected over $150,000 to build memorials for our Afghanistan and Iraqi servicemen and ladies in the park. All should be completed within the next 18-24 months. The missing man fly over presentation got everyone’s attention. The best part of the program for me was the young Girl Scouts singing and explaining the origin of Taps.  They did a great job!

One can surly work up an appetite while being a car show participant. All the talking, walking, looking, and more talking is tough on the body. Ma and Pa Wishbone to the rescue! Wishbone had his ingenious trailer hitch BBQ pit making smoke and it was sure was tasty. Thanks!

Hope to see you at the next car event.

Ollie & Teresa Patterson

Brandon, MS

Picture link: https://picasaweb.google.com/105289957504618032267/FallenHeroCruiseIn#