Re: Need 3/8 ????

Mo,,,,, I am assuming that your talking about Terrys car,,,, you left out one important part, and that would be what mechanical pump and what are it's capabilities .,,,,,,,, Here is a link to do all the math to figure out how much gas you need per HP,,,,,, if I read it correctly, you could use 1/8 fuel line if you come up with a pump that could develop the pressure to move the required amount of fuel.

 All boiled down, it is my thoughts that the 5/16 line with an aftermarket mechanical fuel pump will  handle 500HP just fine. whereas a new 3/8 line with a cheaper mechanical pump will do the same job.  This is probably not what you wanted to hear, but price wise they offset each other, and comes down to wether you want to spend your money on a pump or fuel line
    I would go with the new fuel line, as it will be one less possible weak point because of age, as well as it takes more HP to run a stronger pump,,,,,, just my 2 cents