Re: A Bit of Progress 2nd Update

well thats a good deal,

From: Nico Over <nover@xxxxxxxx>
To: "1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 5:19 PM
Subject: A Bit of Progress 2nd Update

All, found out that the one converter bolt we installed was hitting the block and locking everything up. Because of the bolts location with reference to the block it was almost impossible to turn it in enough to clear the block, however my son accomplished just that and using the mother of all pry bars against the converter teeth we were able to move the engine backwards enough to tighten the single bolt that was installed. We then quickly went through the remaining 3 bolts, tightening them in sequence and torquing them down. Our hypothesis is that you cannot finger tighten the bolts and then go and torque them to specs, you have to torque them as each is installed. Whether true or not the the engine is now bolted to the converter and turns with a breaker bar on the crank bolt. Yeah! Hope to have the 520 running this weekend in my 63 this weekend.
Nico Over
Va. beach, Va.

-- --
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.