Re: Spray on Chrome

its looks like real chrome

Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:50 PM
Subject: RE: Spray on Chrome

does it really look like chrome or just silver spray paint?

From: satellite1965@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Spray on Chrome
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 21:31:52 -0600

I am taking the liberty to change the subject.

I have a complete set of 65 interior chrome. Every set you locate is going to be very rusty. It is because the base metal is steel, not stainless, then it was chromed.

I have seen some of the spray on chrome pieces done. They use a putty on the worst pits and them sand it down smooth. Them paint. It really looks good.
My buddy with a 59 El Camino did it to all his outside chrome and that’s a lot of trim!!. Its starting to fail a bit now, but stills looks sharp. Its been 5+ years.

That said I would think products have improved a lot, and being used inside out of any weather, would mean a lot too.

As far as the set you now have.....
You can use the wire brush on your bench grinder and really clean them up as smooth as you can get them and spray can paint them.
Ollie