Re: Welcome Returning Member - 1963 Polara 500

Re: Welcome Returning Member - 1963 Polara 500

Thanks for the welcome-back Gary & the guys! Good to see some familiar
names still posting!

Just a few items of interest to report (63 related, that is) - as I
say, most of our garage-time has been spent working on the Sport
Satellite.

One of our trips out earlier this year (August 20th) was to the
McLaren Employee's Motor Show, down in Surrey, just south of London.
This was the 2nd annual show put on by the employees of the F1 team
and manufacturer of the new MP4-12C 'supercar'. We have a friend who
owns a 65 Barracuda who works for McLaren (lucky so-and-so), and
invited us and 3 other club members to their show. What an honour! Not
many perople get passed the security gate and beyond, tho
unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos inside the building.
The 'inside' shots amongst these pics are pics I've pinched off the
net, to be used for an article in our club magazine, just to
illustrate some of the text.

http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff459/rob440uk/McLaren%20Employee%20Car%20Show%202011/

One of the other guys, whose '70 Coronet is in the pics, also has some
pics on photobucket:

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z313/440magnumRT/McLaren%20Employee%20car%20show%20Aug%202011/

Not that many Mopars, granted, but it gives you an idea of the wide
variety of cars & bikes the people that work at McLaren (and their
friends!) are into.

It's getting late now over here, so leave the next 'report' for my
next visit tomorrow. In the meantime, I hope the links above work
ok...

Bye for now

Robert