5 minutes of Panic Terror

Working on my 41 Ply as you all know. Got all the wiring and fuse box re-located to the battery compartment. Attempted to start the 318 and nothing. Engine is turning over but not hitting. Well maybe the carb needs a shot of fuel from sitting. Poured some fuel in the carb...nothing! shot of starting fluid...nothing, not even a pop. Panic terror sets in!!! I restudy all my diagrams I made while disconnecting everything, all is correct. I try to envision any changes....well maybe the ignition module needs to be grounded? Took my alligator wire clip jumper,  hooked one end to the mounting screw for the module other end to the frame. Starts on first turn!!

Moral of the story: Mopar Ignition boxes must be grounded to function properly. This is accomplished by the mounting screws. Beware if you have everything removed to repaint, attempting to test a problem by just plugging in a new box and holding it in your hand to see if the vehicle will start.......etc.

Maybe ya’ll knew this but it was a learning curve for me. Hopefully it will help others.
Ollie