Re: CRUISIN AT CHRISTMAS!!

I'd never heard of Lutefisk, apparently a North Dakotan delicacy, and
couldn't resist looking it up.  Here's a couple of paragraphs I found.
 Sounds like great stuff.  Can you rub it on a car to remove paint?

"Lutefisk is cod that has been dried in a lye solution. It looks like
the desiccated cadavers of squirrels run over by trucks, but after it
is soaked and reconstituted and the lye is washed out and it's cooked,
it looks more fish-related, though with lutefisk, the window of
success is small. It can be tasty, but the statistics aren’t on your
side. It is the hereditary delicacy of Swedes and Norwegians who serve
it around the holidays, in memory of their ancestors, who ate it
because they were poor. Most lutefisk is not edible by normal people.
It is reminiscent of the afterbirth of a dog or the world's largest
chunk of phlegm."

"When cooking and eating lutefisk, it is important to clean the
lutefisk and its residue off pans, plates, and utensils immediately.
Lutefisk is caustic and left overnight becomes nearly impossible to
remove. Sterling silver should never be used in the cooking, serving
or eating of lutefisk, which will permanently ruin silver. Stainless
steel utensils are recommended instead."

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)