Re: Salvage yards

I'm glad that fellow in Nebraska is holding out, though if he hired an Internet savvy gearhead and put all that inventory online he would make money and make a lot of old car fans happy.

Too bad about the Oklahoma City yard. Who knows why it folded. I've heard of two yards that closed down after the original owner died and the son or heirs took over and ran the places into the ground and / or were seduced by the quick cash of high shredded steel prices.

"Place is still there last time I passed by last year" is always placing a bet that it will be there in the future.

More worrisome is the OK pull-a-part axed their classic car section. The similar places around here have taken to fencing in an area of their junk yard and putting the newer or rarer arrivals and charging an extra fee to enter that section. Seems reasonable to me to do the same with classics. Also hire an Internet savvy gearhead to promote that section. Oh well, I forget these vehicles are all just commodities to most contemporary junk yard owners who need to "turn the inventory" per their accountants.

Thanks,
Gary H.