Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 1:07 PM
To: 1962 to 1965 Mopar
Subject: Drum brakes

(1964 dodge 880) I took my wheel off the other day to check out my brakes cause they've been making some noise. I've never done a car with front drums and was unaware I needed to pull bearings etc just to pull drum. (used to Chevys where u just hammer it off). Anyways, I looked at it and I have a few questions after doin some searches online for parts along with informational questions:

What is that spring that goes around the drum? I was thinking maybe vibration dampener?

From looking online, seems the drum is separate from the studs and the
bearing housing, but on the car it seems as all one piece. On Rock auto the drum doesn't include these, and one of my studs are stripped (left handed).

I was told the brakes were already done before I bought the car, but the sound in the front left wheel says otherwise. It only does it (squeal metal on metal sound) when I've been driving for a while and brakes are hot I guess. I was gonna go ahead and change them, and while I was there I was gonna change bearings too since I gotta pull them out. Any advice for all this? Manual talks about certain brake tools and stuff to remove do I really need them?

Thanks for putting up with this long and prolly redundant post! Lol

Sent from my iPhone