Re: 1964 Plymouth fender tag

Who wanted the pictures of my 64 Polara?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jimmy Peavy
Sent: Feb 17, 2012 2:41 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 1964 Plymouth fender tag

It cost the same to build a 361, 383, 440.
Why not go big, and have more fun?
They all look the same.
Put 383 decals on it.

     Jimmy

On 2/17/2012 4:11 PM, William Spore wrote:

I hope someone here can help me with this. I am working on a 1964 Plymouth Fury and we're getting ready to rebuild the motor.We are trying to put it back close to original but we're not sure what motor it left the factory with. Think it was either 361 or 383. Ive looked on the internet but cant find anything to decode the fender tag. Dont need the whole tag decoded,  just need to know what code tells the engine displacement. Ive read where the tags differ depending on what plant it was built at. It was built at the St. Loius plant. Thanks, Bill