Re: AAJ Disc Brake Sticks - 20 Sec Video

Re: AAJ Disc Brake Sticks - 20 Sec Video

What pads did you get, What calipers did you get?

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Eric R <hoodoovoodooray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If either of the two long caliper bolts are  threaded enough that they
would start to tighten then the disc won't spin very freely.  As I
tighten the caliper bolt the calilper moves up about 3/8" of an inch,
then the brakes start sticking.  I guess the caliper is just coming
into alignment as it's being tightened, so maybe that's not the issue?

At that point the bolts really aren't more then slighty finger tight.
I tried other bolts thinking maybe they were warped but that wasn't
it.  The holes in the pads for the bolts to pass through appear to
have enough free play. Wheel bearings are not overtightened.  I
swapped out a caliper with another one and it is still the same.

Could the pads just be slighty large?  Grind the outer pad down a tiny
bit?

Both brake sides do it, although one side is quite a bit tighter then
the other.

Here's a 20 sec video of me spinning the disc then just turning the
bolt until finger tight to show the increase in resistance.  At the
end I try to demonstrate the caliper moving up as I turn the bolt...
but maybe that's normal as the caliper is coming into alignment?

https://picasaweb.google.com/104998594489637903139/DiscBrakeSticking#5710271281069315746

Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Eric
Tacoma, WA
1962 Chrysler Newport 2 door HT