Re: Help with disasembly

Sub frame out, in my opinion, makes all that easier, but you need the equipment to be able to do it. Have to get the car high enough to slide all that out.

DJ
From: Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler Group <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:12 AM
Subject: Help with disasembly

The motor and trans are being pulled this week.  My question is should we pull the sub frame as a unit, you know take off the fenders, hood, inerfenders, disconnect the steering and wiring then slide out the whole thing.  Or should we just pull the motor and tranny and leave the sub frame in the car?

If we take out the sub frame would can paint the frame, rebuild all the front end and reseal the tranny and motor and paint it too.

No matter how it's done the front end must be rebuilt, and the motor and tranny are getting pulled for paint and seals.  I'm just not sure if taking off the sub frame is a whole lot of trouble or if it makes the rest of it easier.

Does anybody have experience doing this on these boats?

--
Eric
Tacoma, WA