Re: Barn Find!

Dust is not black and grimmy like the black on the valve covers. My car was in a barn for 38 years, not covered, and the outside was very dirty but under the hood was great . It had 54k miles andf had no grime on the block or valve covers.  Just the look of the engine compartment tells you it has more than 777 miles on it. The rust  ok it rusted but not the oil grime and other wear.I'll bet if you look at the undercarrage you will see some wear . Only 777 miles and it should be show room except for the outside where the dirt settled. dirt doesnot settle on a closed hood.

Naw, the bellhousing is Alum, that looks like hell just sitting.  51 years of dust has to collect someplace.  Think how dusty your house gets after 1 week.  As far as I know the master cylnders are not painted back in 1962.