-----Original message-----
From: Jimmy Peavy <peaver63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent:
Sun, Mar 25, 2012 00:55:10 GMT+00:00
Re: Shifter Cable for 1964 Dodge Polara

The cable is probably frayed, inside the housing, thus tight in the
cable housing.
You may try spraying oil in the shifter end, and hoping it will run down
towards the trans, but that's probably going to be a long shot. If it's
frayed, that won't help.
NOS cables are like gold, and used are hard to come by.
I think Imperial services make them new.
I have some of the cables that are NOS, and used, but I'm sitting on
them for spares for myself.

Jimmy