Re: Welcome New Member - 1964 Dodge 440

Hi everyone I forgot to put my name. My car came to me from a drunk driver. He owned her for one month and had two accidents. One damaged the bumper and driver's fender. The other he ran it into a ditch. The car ended up sitting in the tow yard for months. I drove by everyday wondering what was going to happen to her. I stopped one day and found that was the day she was going to the crusher. $485 is what the tow yard was getting for her so $500 and she was mine. I drove her home but was having trouble keeping her pointed in the right direction. The lower control arm bushings were missing and the ball joints were bad. If I was having trouble it must have been really difficult for her previous owner. She is rough but coming along fine. I need to pull the transmission because it slips shifting up to third. I'm looking for a steering wheel. I have a three spoke in the car it looks like the same one that's in my 66 Charger. Wanted to find a original one to restore keeps me busy. I have a correct horn bar that I found on E bay.

Thanks

John deVries.