Re: distributors for 318 poly engine

Before you spend all that money on something you may not want, take a look at a Pertronix unit for converting a factory distributor from points to electronic ignition.  If you want to keep your car stock in appearance, Pertronix is what you need because you wont need to hide boxes and wiring and modify your wiring harness, because all that is inside the distributor.  Now if you don't care about stock appearance and have extra dollars to spend go with the MoPar Performance unit.  I have 6 cars that I have installed Pertronix units and several others that I no longer own and have never had a problem with any of them.  That said I have read about others that have had a less favorable experience with Pertronix units, as well as MoPar units.  Also you are not restricted to Poly distributors as any A or LA will interchange, that means any MoPar small block will work.  Just my $0.02 worth.

      Herb

1954 DeSoto Firedome Estate Wagon 276 HEMI
1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361 4-Sale
1959 Coronet 326 Poly
1961 Belvedere Custom Suburban Wagon 318 Poly
1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer Wagon 318 Poly
1963 Fury 2D/HT 7.0L
1963 Sport Fury Convertible 361
1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst 440