Re: pressed in axle removal

That would be awesome.

On Apr 16, 2012 4:55 PM, "Eric Sturgis" <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I assume you have the drum off the car and are looking at the brakes, yes?  I'm also assuming your working on a 1963 Dodge.   You just take the backing plate off, brakes and all.  There are some shims there behind the backing plate, you will have to put those back in as well.  Don't lose them.  Then you will just have the axle end and the axle housing there.  There is a puller that treads on the axle and then as you tighten it pops the axle out of the housing.  I'm not sure what its called, I've not done it in years, and my friend had the tool.  I think a slide hammer can be used to pop the axle out of the rear end, but I'm sure somebody here knows the answer to that.  It's not that bad, pretty straight forward.  I'll send you a PDF that shows you how its done.