-----Original message-----
From: Jacob Fox <imfast101@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
1962 to 1965 Mopar <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent:
Wed, Apr 25, 2012 17:39:20 GMT+00:00
UPDATE: 440

Brought car to buddy yesterday, had a chance to look at his amazing Mopars n drag cars!

Anyways, he ran compression test, dead cylinder. He said must be head gasket but he named other possible issues. He pulled it off, indeed. The guy had used some cheaper gaskets, and the way he explained it was: with aluminum heads and cast block, the gaskets were being wore from the swelling due to temp changes from the two metals and finally wore enough to blow thru. He's going ahead and replacing both.

Also saw water marks in one cylinder. He called the guy I got it from since knows him as well. Apparently during the hurricane here the block may have went underwater before it was installed, but believed that it hadn't since when they went back everything was dry? Who knows. But my buddy said its minute and that I should just leave it be, it will just cause that cylinder to wear a little fast but it won't matter really until I hit high mileage. I doubt I'll ever hit 50k in it lol now I might not have conveyed wat he said properly over email so bear with me. I trust him he's very good and has been doing it a long time.

Sent from my iPhone

Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!