Re: Interior Paint/Dodger

While you are there, check the seam sealer too for signs of wear, as the sealer tends to dry out in 40+ years. You'll never get a more convenient time to do so.

http://moparsbymosher.com/projects/marcos62dart/assembly/floor-01-medium.jpg gives a perspective of floor  weather sealing.

Check with the brand of  acrylic enamel the fellow is providing and use whatever primer that mfg recommends -- that's one tactic. Just because you can't see rust there is no guarantee there is none, especially where the paint has flaked. Suppliers sell rust proof primer too.

There are different opinions as to the interior paint. Color Correct (formerly Mopaint) sold paint made for the interior: gloss, flat, mat and suede depending on area of the interior. But they may have gone out of business, which I heard but have not verified.

The top of the dash would be better as a non-gloss finish to reduce window glare.

Thanks,
Gary H.