Remote Starter Switch

Guys and Gals:

I am back trying to get out of what I am hoping is not a disaster with my electrical system.

The other day I decided to fire up the BAM project just to lubricate the engine. The interior is out of the car. Items that were laying on the floor, metal, were the console shifter and the courtesy lights and sockets. Also, possible 1965 Sun Tack wires. I was sitting on a metal milk crate. Battery was fully charged. I put the key in and turned it but there was nothing. (By the way the C pillar courtesy lights were working.) I figured the shifter was not in park or neutral so I put it all the way forward for park. Tried the key again and zap the lights went off and not sure if i say any flashes. There was no smoke, smell or fire. I tried the key again and did not even get a click. Nothing.

I thought the complete battery was drained. Then I disconnected and recharged the battery. Checked the battery with my test and it read 12.600 which is a sign the battery is fully charged and good.

I have not had a chance to check the little fuses under the dash. Evidently there might be a fuse or safety switch in the console shifter. At first I thought the console shifter might have shorted out when i turned the key.

I do not want to hook the battery up a gain because of one or more shorts that might drain the battery instantly, although the fuses in the car should prevent that.

I thought if I hooked up the Sun remote switch after pulling the coil wire and then hooked up the battery and used that to spin the engine thus bypassing the shifter.

I have forgotten where on the firewall I attach on end of the remote switch, there is a square unit that has a large nut and one of the wires looks like it goes to the Solenoid. Does the other end of the remote go to the positive post or negative post.

I just want to make sure the wiring is in tack for that part.

Hard to believe after 45 years I have forgotten this when it was second nature. However, I can still remember the 65 Super Stock Nationals and the et that the Mopars were running. I guess it is priorities.

Any help and advise would be appreciated.

I want to thank those that have helped me out in the past especially my interior paint question a couple of weeks ago.

There is a real interesting article on the SB Poly's by a guy who is 70 and been racing them for 50 yrs. It is last months issue of "Chrysler Power"

God Bless America and get well Dodger

Jim

1965 Coronet 500, 440CI