Re: Looking for info

Roderek,

It's important to know the compression on an engine you're adding
boost to, whether it's turbo or supercharging.  Power adders add
compression and the engine may pre-detonate from the increased
pressure.  In other words, the explosion happens before the piston is
top-dead-center.  Very bad for the engine.  Typical boosted engines
run at 8.0 to 8.5 compression, which is fairly low.  If your engine is
higher than 8.5, you probably shouldn't add turbo.

Below is a link to someone who has more knowledge in his pinky finger
than I do in my whole body.  He's currently playing with slant 6
dragsters.  You might be able to get some good info.
http://seniordragster.bravehost.com/

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)