RE: Dang it

The poly motors are very tuff!!!!!  However I just discovered the weiand intake is not the best intake!! I didn’t like the way mine ran so I ported and modified a factory cast-iron 4 bbl. intake then put a large 4 hole spacer under the carb.  Wow does this combination pull like a freight train!! Gary is defiantly the guy when it comes to the poly !! run your plans past him and he can make sure your goals will be realized!!

Jason

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Spiketon Ridgerunner
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:00 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Dang it

This sounds interesting, how well does one of these engines stand up to the abuse? Are you using the stock crank or something else? What kind of intake manifold?

Just wondering, I happen to have a 318 Poly engine that needs a rebuild as well as Weiand (Sp?) 4 barrel intake, I may need to do something with it one of these days.....

Ben Morgan

 So what if I have cars in my yard

1966 Dodge Coronet 500
1964 Dodge Polara 2-dr HT
1964 Dodge 330 Station Wagon
1954 Ford F-100 (Grandpa's Truck)
1990 Ford Bronco 5.8L
plus a few other wrecks and lawn ornaments