RE: interesting....

Wow I did not realize this would stir up this much interest!

It occured to me earlier that my Uncle Johnny's first brand new car was a white 1964 Doge 2-door hardtop with a 426/4-speed and red bench seat interior that looked just like the car being discussed here. I was a young early grade school kid at the time but when your dad drag races you are "hip" on cars. What I could comprehend at the time I can clearly remember, such as riding between Johnny and my Dad with my cousins in the back seat holding up my legs while Johnny mowed through that 4-speed after my Dad gave it "tune-up". Neat! I can recall looking over the fender when the hood was open and looking at a large chrome air cleaner. Johnny took it racing a couple of times when my Dad was racing, of course all of us kids got to come along. I do not remember paying attention to how many tail lights it had but the side of the car clearly had the same trim as the car being discussed here. To Johnny and Dad it was a "Coronet" and that is how we remembered it after Johnny faced the fact that he was a family man with four kids and traded it for a new station wagon. That confused me many years later when I learned that the Coronet name plate was not used in '64. But with what I know now I have no doubt the car was a 440 2-dr hardtop.  When us kids got older we liked to think the 426 in that car was a "hemi" but no way, he had that car before the hemi came out. It was a standard 426 wedge engine 4-speed car, but it would no doubt be quite valuable today anyway, no cloning required!

Ben Morgan

 So what if I have cars in my yard

1966 Dodge Coronet 500
1964 Dodge Polara 2-dr HT
1964 Dodge 330 Station Wagon
1954 Ford F-100 (Grandpa's Truck)
1990 Ford Bronco 5.8L
plus a few other wrecks and lawn ornaments