63 was the change year for the max wedges, T10 trans to 833 4 spd,  battery to the trunk  for weight and then mounted side ways as the plates were folding after hard aceleration.

Sent from
Pat's iPad

On Jun 26, 2012, at 9:23 AM, Stan Kafouse <skafouse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In 64 all mw cars have the batt. in the trunk. I noticed that also on the car in question. Not sure if any 62 cars had batt. in the trunk. I think in 63 alum. cars have the batt. in the trunk. This car on ebay was obviously built by a chevy person who probably hates mopars , thats why there is so much wrong with the car.  Do the rear wheel openings look right? notice the car is also white. The easiest color to use to cover bodywork.

From: David Orr <fe2orr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: interesting....

Did not all the max wedges have the battery in the trunk?????  Dave o

Sent from
Pat's iPad

On Jun 26, 2012, at 2:51 AM, Ruth Gordon <kpmvn4wrd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My title first 3 digits are 624. It is a 64 440.On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Gary H. <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ah, but what does the VIN on your Dodge decode as?  The DMV may have grouped models and titled it as a Polara but the VIN from Dodge is quite specific about the model.  I think a 1964 V8 Dodge's first vin is 6 and the second number a 2 for a 440 or a 3 for a Polara or a 4 for a Polara 500.

I agree with you about lazy dealer habits.

Thanks,
Gary H.