Re: Electric Fuel Pump

You can reduce the fittings.
Another location I always liked was where the exhaust pipe hanger mounts in the "hump" area.

Jimmy

On 6/26/2012 8:12 PM, Dave64 wrote:
I'm working on installing an electric fuel pump back by the tank.  The pump I have has 3/8" inlet and outlet fittings, but my fuel lines are 5/16".  Is it ok to adapt down to the 5/16" line from the pump?  Will that affect the pressure?  The pump should put out 6 lb of pressure.

I'm also trying to find the best location to mount it.  I think I'll end up putting it inside the far rear passenger side frame rail just before the rear bumper (on the opposite side of the bumper bracket struts).  It'll be at the back corner of the tank.  It'll be visable from behind, but I don't really mind that.  I don't see another place I like better that keeps it low and stays away from the rear suspension.

Opinions please.

Thanks

Dave
'64 Belvedere 2DHT