Re: 1962 Polara

SO NUMBER : Shipping Order Number - 1009 0351
where 1009 is the Scheduled Build Date - October 9, 1961

BDY - 542
5 - Dodge V8
4 - Polara 500
2 - 2dr hardtop

TRIM - 855
85 - Vinyl bucket seats
5 - Red and Beige

UU1P
U - Roof Colour - Shell Beige
U - Body Colour - Shell Beige
1 - Paint Scheme - Mono tone
P - Insert Colour - Vermilion

C - 2 : 342 - A727 Torqueflite
D - 2 : 362 - Astrophonic AM Radio
G - 5 : 385 - Heater/Defroster
M - 8 : 428 - Windshield washers - Dual Jet
N - (blank) : No code means standard engine - 361-cid V8
T - 2 : 652 - Sold Car (Dealer ordered car for customer)

Does the owner have the serial number?   With the serial number he can
try Chrysler Historical to see if they have the build record.  Will
give much more detail, including export information.  This one, if
built as a RHD for export, was not a CKD unit but a complete car built
and shipped somewhere.

By the way, any country belonging to the Commonwealth now or in the
past, except Canada, would have RHD - Australia, New Zealand, South
Africa, India, Hong Kong, Britain.   Also Japan.  Although the Phoenix
was built in Australia, complete cars were imported from the U.S.

If memory serves, RHD 1962 Plymouths and Dodges had an instrument
cluster closer to that of the Valiant.

Not all cars shipped to Britain were LHD.  In 1963 Canadian-built RHD
Valiants were shipped to Britain.  Either Autocar or The Motor did a
road test on a V200 4 door sedan.   You could see the Canadian body
tag on the inner left front fender.

Bill
Toronto, ON