From: Gary H. <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New Member Intro
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 7:49 AM

Thanks for the informative introduction David. Nice set of Mopars you now own!

I agree with Dodger about the need for  apples to apples comparison. Maybe someone has put a 426 street wedge in a 1964 300K as a comparison?

Quick view:
426 Street Wedge was factory rated at 365 horsepower at 4800 rpm with 470 pounds/feet of torque at 3200.
413 cross ram 390 horsepower at 4800 rpm with 485 torque at 3600 rpm.
1962 413 MW 420 horsepower at 5000 rpm
426 MW 415 or 425 horsepower depending on compression with 480 lb·ft at 4400 rpm.

Note Chrysler ratings were usually conservative.

As to the seduction power of MW style Mopars, "resistance is futile; you will be assimilated" as quoted on Star Trek. LOL

Thanks,
Gary H.