From: Dave64 <lt7dave@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump

I should also mention that the pump is mounted down low on the inside of the passenger side fender - not a great spot.  The previous owner had it on top of the fender, but I moved it down lower as a temporary improvement 2 years ago.  I've been planned to move it back near the tank - just haven't gotten to it yet.  So while it is in a bad spot for heat, it hasn't been a problem the past 2 years. So this appears to be an issue not related to it's location.  I do know from years of owning my Cummins powered Ram that fuel pumps mounted up near the engine don't last as long as pumps back by the tank.  I'll try to get a pressure reading as Dennis suggested.

Thanks,

Dave
'64 Belvedere 2DHT
318 Poly, Push Button Auto