Re: Plymouth XNR

I agree, one fine looking design.  The rear bumper is great.  Very atomic

Thanks,
Kirk
Sent from my iPad

On Jul 18, 2012, at 11:18 PM, Herb <zephyr9900@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, you can laugh at me all you want, I would love to have it and would drive it with pride anywhere, I love it.  Virgil Exner was a styling genius, but I guess that's why most of the cars in my collection were designed by him!!  You sound like a GM guy that dabbles in MoPars.  But we all know what GM stands for anyway....Get a MoPar.  You have to be aware of what was in style when the car was designed, the space race, indy cars, and so on, if you take the time to read the story you might get it.  This was a show car to test styling ideas on the public, not a production car.  Gary just touched on the style cues that were taken from that car, others are the front end is 68 Charger, and later the early 70s Plymouth B bodys, the grill is Coronet. The cross hair rear bumper is utilized to this day in every Dodge grill.  The fin was incorporated into every Chrysler product from 1955 to 1961 and finally ending in 1964.  I can go on and on boring you so I will cut it short and reiterate that I would be proud to drive such a historically significant car and laugh and shake my head at all the uninformed knuckle heads that have not a clue of what they are looking at!

        Herb

1954 DeSoto Firedome Estate Wagon 276 HEMI
1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361 4-Sale
1959 Dodge Coronet 326 Poly
1961 Plymouth Belvedere Custom Suburban Wagon 318 Poly
1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer Wagon 318 Poly
1963 Plymouth Fury 2D/HT 7.0L
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible 361
1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst 440
1979 Dodge Aspen Sport Wagon 360
1999 Durango SLT 5.9L
2008 SRT-8 Magnum 6.1L